You can obtain “raw” data from MetaBim to prepare reports, presentations, calculations, etc. If download options are available, they are located at the bottom of the pages. The following file formats are available to you, depending on the type of information you are downloading.
Downloading Report Data
• Excel (.xlsx) will create files that can be used by most spreadsheet software applications (Excel, Numbers, and Google Sheets. This file format will preserve formatting and operations and allow you to perform operations in Excel. This format results in larger file sizes.
• Comma Separated Variable (.csv) will create files that can be used by most spreadsheet software applications (Excel, Numbers, and Google Sheets). o TIP: Review all space data for formatting issues which generally affect room and space numbers. Spaces with the alphabet suffix E may be convert into scientific notation (100E-01 -> 1.00E+01) and apartment room numbers that do not contain an alphabet suffix may be converted into date format (01-10 -> 10-Jan). You can prevent this formatting issue by downloading the Excel file.
• Tab (.tab) files are text files that contain a list of data separated by tabs.
• KML (.kml) is a file format used to display geographic data in an Earth browser such as Google Earth and Google Maps.
Downloading Floor Data
• CAD Files (.dwg, .dwf, and .dfx) are the native formats of several Computer Automated Design (CAD) packages (such as AutoCAD). You will need a CAD program to open these file types.
• Portable Document Format PDF (.pdf) is a file format used to present documents in a manner independent of application software, hardware or operating system.